Sunday, January 27, 2008

These Boots Were Made For Limping

Sure, I had a bit of a gimp going on. I had to use my festive red athletic tape and give my foot a good binding. But it was worth it. For the first time in months, I wore shoes that weren't sneakers. Overall it was surprisingly pain free. We went to see the Seattle Symphony on Thursday night, and I wore my black boots.

Puss-and-boots!

We went to see Play! and it was great and unlike any other symphony concert I've ever been to. The only one to top it in technical wizardry was when I saw Liberace at Heinz Hall so many years ago. It was the full Seattle symphony guest conducted by Arnie Roth (of Mannheim Steamroller fame) along with a boy's choir and a girl's singing group for the choral bits. There were huge video screens hung above the orchestra, and they alternated between snips from the video games they were playing the music for, and shots of players in the orchestra from various camera angles. At times the camera work was totally public-access, where they would cut to a camera that wasn't set up with their shot and there was wild panning to get a close up of the piccolo or somesuch, but it was still interesting.

The music was great. Hearing the theme song from Mario played by a full orchestra was a treat. And of course there was a selection from World of Warcraft, which made me want to come home and play as soon as possible.

In fact, it's Sunday and we haven't even showered yet, but we have coffee and I think some WoW is in order. Shoes optional.

2 comments:

Kristie said...

hot hot hot!!

Anonymous said...

If Puss had those slick boots there would be a different ending to that tale.

Don Paolo