Thursday, January 10, 2008

Kryptonite

I have finally found it, that thing against which I am completely powerless. I held this in my hand and couldn't do a thing but wipe a tear from my eye and try to control the goofy grin taking over my face. We gave jam to many friends over the holidays, and one of the empty jars was returned with a thank you note.


There's something about little kid handwriting and art that just completely slays me. It's so earnest! It was all I could do not to send Charlie back to work with an entire *flat* of jam for them. I settled on one jar. Hopefully little girls like peaches just as much as they like blueberries.


Secret peek: work in progress. The frothy rainbow is a perfect antidote for these days when I really can't even remember when I last saw the sun.

No comments: