Tuesday, January 8, 2008

The Tapping

Once upon a morning dreary, while I pondered weak and weary,
Over many a quaint and curious volume of forgotten lore,
While I nodded, nearly napping, suddenly there came a tapping,
As of some one gently rapping, rapping at my chamber door.
`'Tis some visitor,' I muttered, `tapping at my chamber door -
Only this, and nothing more.'



To be precise, the tapping was from my chamber *window.* It was 7.30 am and the sun had barely turned the light blue outside. I nearly jumped out of my skin because one never expects a polite tapping to come from their bedroom window----on the second floor of the house.

There she stood with head cocked and I could hear her grousing and clucking through the window, "where is my CORN?" Gladys decided to be all independent last night and didn't go in to sleep with the turkeys. Silly chicken, picking a night when we got a few inches of snow to sleep in the trees. I suppose that hanging out on the porch roof under the bedroom window is slightly warmer. Tonight at dusk I'll have to go out and herd her into the coop. Foolish fowl.


I put the second coat of primer on this afternoon and it is looking pretty good. Tomorrow is the top coat! I also managed to dig up a few "before" pictures of the bathroom. Oh, the horror!

Henry's last drink from the red sink, a favorite activity

No comments: