Friday, October 8, 2010

three weeks, embiggened



Harry catching some lovely fall rays

The boys, they grow. Yesterday was their first pediatrician appointment (three weeks old!) and they were pronounced hale and wriggly. Dash now weighs 6lb 1 oz, and Liam 6lb 9 oz. This comes as no surprise to us. As a small example, this is how I spent the wee hours of my morning before the appointment: I fed someone at 9.45pm, 9.50, 11, 11.30, 12.40am, 1, 1.15, 2, 3.20, and 3.45. Then I went to sleep and Charlie took his turn. I think it's clear that they have surmounted the not-wanting-to-eat obstacle and have advanced directly to ravenous hunger.

woman, I will prove I am cute even while screaming!
(crying baby picture especially for Gabriel's amusement)

Dash enjoys the sunshine in the kitchen, while not screaming

In between the bodily functions, we've been enjoying our defensive position set up on the first floor of the house. Charlie was absolutely brilliant to get everything arranged so that we can take care of babies and ourselves at the same time. I must say that the kitchen remodel is playing a glorious part in this all. It's so nice to be able to see through to both of the rooms. Our laptops are perched on the island, and the sink is constantly in use with bottles and whatnot. Then there's the tasty food that Charlie keeps putting out during the day. I will be sad when it's just me at home, and he's at work, and no smoked cheddar/apple/ham grilled sandwiches show up in front of me. We've also moved the tv into the living room and when our brains are too tired to do anything else there is a huge stack of the BBC Poirot mystery movies that we have been watching. They are absolutely awesome.

From my cousin Sean and wife Lisa....can't wait till they can fit into these!

1 comment:

constructobot said...

Thank you, Liam, for modeling while crying. You are cute- and did Sean include matching shirts for you and Charlie? awesome!