Friday, October 15, 2010

One Month



I simply cannot get enough baby toes.

Yesterday the boys were four weeks old, and today they had their one-month checkup. Dash now weighs 6 pounds 12 ounces, and Liam is 7 pounds 4 ounces. They actually gained identical amounts of weight. They suffered the indignity of their second Hep B shot, and then we were pronounced healthy and out the door.


I celebrated by taking the boys on an outing to Petco. Thrilling, I know. But it was even more fun because Charlie dipped his toes back into work today and I had the boys to myself for the entire day (though he did meet me for the pediatrician appt and then went back to work) (and then was awesome and brought Spicy Talk super hot szechuan food home for dinner). It's become more and more apparent that our cat-peeing problems are because the cats are getting old. Henry especially seems to be having to work pretty hard to get up and down the stairs. It was time to have a cat box on every floor. So I popped the boys into their carseat-stroller (thanks Elisa!) and paraded myself into Petco. Following the advice of my moms-of-multiples group, I pushed the stroller ahead of me and pulled the shopping cart behind. Yes, I may have been a bit of a spectacle but it worked perfectly! I did perhaps look like a crazy person who just got a new cat along with new babies, since I was buying a new box, scoop, more litter, etc. But tomorrow afternoon Henry will have brand new facilities and fingers crossed that fixes the problem.

baby parade float

In six months, pushing a stroller and dragging a cart will probably be a bit old and tiresome, but today I felt like doing a little jump and tapping my heels together with glee.

slowly mastering the art of carrying two babies at once, and still having one hand free to do something

3 comments:

Anonymous said...

Wondertwins have a wonder mom.

You look radiant.

d.

Anonymous said...

I see bicep! ;-)

And such a happy Mom!

Looks like a great day...

<3,
Ms. S.

Anonymous said...

Hurray for Mom's groups - aren't they a life saver, with all the helpful tips as well as commiseration?

: )
Sheila & Rachel (who begs to check your blog daily!)