Sunday, October 24, 2010

screaming mimi

In this picture from the other day, Dash looks about how I feel right now

The boys official due date was Friday.....seems like they've been here for ages! The past few days have been a blur of feeding and friends visiting and sleeping a little bit. Tonight, Liam has decided to perfect his spontaneous freak-out shriek. He's tucked on my chest in the moby wrap, and that has just slowed down the frequency to every 5-10 minutes instead of a steady air raid siren wail. Why? Who knows. Perhaps his brain is growing and it aches. Just when I think things have settled down (like right now, in the middle of this sentence) the little head below my chin flings back and remarkably loud sounds start. A few minutes of walking and jiggling and it shuts off and resets.
Thank you, Dash, for being relatively mellow right now.
Since cohesive typing is a luxury at the moment, I leave you with (silent) pictures:

dueling pacifiers


Liam reclines in the bath, moments before peeing in his own face

I will miss Dash's wizened old man face when he puts on some baby fat

4 comments:

constructobot said...

if only they zoomed around in the air while shrieking like screaming mimis- there is nothing like the infant air siren. I hope one brother isn't bothered by the other one's crying- that might make me lie on the floor with a stiff drink balanced on my forehead. They are looking lovely- I love seeing a bit of hair in the sunshine! Tell Dashiel he has almost outstripped Fenric with his pompadour, so he'd better slow down

Reagan said...

hmm...if that were Joel I'd say it was gas related but since every baby is different who really knows? Poor Liam and Poor Mommy! I have a Moby that I'm not using if you need a second one for Charlie or for when the other is in the wash.

MJC said...

Sarah, you super woman you! I am in awe of you and your children :) May I come to hug you and them soon? As for the crying bit, have you tried laying him tummy down on your leg? That used to work with the boys if they felt gassy or just wanted a different view :-)

constructobot said...

oh, and if you need the encouragement, there has been quite a bit of robust "thumping" of babies' bottoms in our house (maybe a bit more robust because of the cloth diaper muffling). With some babies, this seems to sooth them more- having them on your lap and using the heel of your hand. A bonus to this technique is it pointing their screaming maw away from your ears.