Monday, October 11, 2010

compare and contrast

Liam, Dashiel

This was supposed to be a "look how different they are!" comparison. But after I managed to get photos of two schlumpy babies all curled up but at least facing the same direction, I seem to be only highlighting their similarities. At least you can tell the size difference. Liam's big melon head is quite robust.

this is a yawn, I promise

contemplation

I am convinced that once I get face-forward pictures you'll be able to see the differences that are obvious to me.

plotting domination

Bonus for today: babies were wearing cute outfits and not gowns! Those gowns are the damned best timesaving invention in infant wear, but there's nothing quite like little bears on your feet to make the screeching more bearable (ha!).

---------------
Bonus image: Woman, I WILL escape this swaddle! Just grease up my shoulders a little bit more...

---------------
Bonus technical note: the two images side by side in one photo is courtesy of the Picnik online photo manipulation tool. Free (unless you pay a little for extra stuff) and it's got a damn fine interface. I've been using it for simple brightness and contrast manipulation without having to load up photoshop, but it's also got a zany selection of things you can do to pictures to jazz them up. Two thumbs up! (also, it happens to have been invented by a guy I used to work for, and man how is it that some people just turn everything they touch into money! I am envious and proud)

1 comment:

leigh said...

I've been using Picnik for 2 years. Love it. =)