Sunday, December 30, 2007

Harry

the cat is on more medication than I am!

The past few days have been full of cat-related drama. Things appear to be mostly resolved now, but only after another middle of the night trip to the emergency vet which resulted in a 24 hour stay for mr. continual vomiting Harry.

feeling a bit better now, thanks

Instead of doing a barium-and-repeated-xray cycle we elected to try more iv liquids and more aggressive medication. Harry now sports festive shaved wristbands on each front leg, kind of like reverse terrycloth tennis bands. He still didn't have any interest in food, but with the help of an appetite stimulant he managed to eat a little bit while at the vet and didn't throw it back up. He's home again now and seems much better, constantly yowling for food and acting more like himself. Once he makes a, ahem, deposit in his litterbox then I can completely relax that there isn't a blockage. He's only getting tiny meals but eventually mother nature should help out with that last necessity and the poor guy can come out of the bedroom and play with his brother.

now FEED ME, WOMAN!

I was very impressed with the vet. The office was really pleasant and clean. Both times I showed up in the middle of the night and was greeted by a pleasant lab tech and a veterinarian that was smart and obviously good at what she did. I didn't feel at all like I was getting some swing-shift bottom of the barrel doctor. No dozing vets at the front desk! I will say that it was not inexpensive, but I frankly have no comparison point since the cats haven't been to any vet at all since they were young.

6.45 pm update: I have never been so happy to see cat poop in my life. Yay, Harry!

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Congrats on the doodie. lol. I hope Harry is feeling better.