Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Dec 8, things 1&2, and cheeseburgers

On the eighth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: one golden bell, a festive wreath, one goldfish, batman, a sparkly white snowflake, one delicious looking gingerbread man, a happy bluebird, and one cute disembodied santa head.

---------------

My favored way of dressing the twins is a lot like my mom's quilt design: similar but different. If they're wearing exactly the same outfit it actually makes me a little uncomfortable, like I'm trying to get them to be the same person. Now, we did get a lot of two-some outfits as gifts and I think that's super because it just means I have to wash them less frequently. :) But for the most part my favorite style is to have them, for instance, both wearing white undershirts and white socks and different colored pants and sweaters. Then they look like brothers. Similar but different.
pancakes improved everyone's mood

Today was an exception because these onesies have made me laugh for as long as I can remember. I bought them at a consignment sale and it's a good thing I decided to put them on for our wednesday pancake lunch today because I practically had to shoehorn the boys into them. The boys didn't exactly cooperate with pictures but trust me they were super cute. I decided to let Dash have 1 because he was the firstborn.

Liam ate, then slept through everything

---------------

Last night Charlie was working late, and the boys were being pills so I put a log on the fire and we all settled down to read some Calvin & Hobbes. It was loads of fun, but was a bit loud at times. Everyone was fed, dry, warm, didn't want to dance, didn't even want to be held, was just possessed of an overwhelming cranky. Damn can those boys cry!

looks peaceful, doesn't it?

trust me, he's just inhaling for more screaming


Just in case you thought things were ever quiet around here. I'm just very good at tolerating the volume.


---------------

And why yes, I did have a glorious cheeseburger for dinner last night. And I ate it on my christmas china.

3 comments:

constructobot said...

Sarah, first of all, your blog is awesome. I know I get the better end of the deal, since I get to read it, and I feel like I barely tell you what's going on, but that is the burden you bear of awesomeness and delightful writing. Second, the fact that you are already by yourself for long stretches with two means you get like a bazillion mom points. I have just finished a week alone with kids, and it definitely pushed me at points far beyond the decorous.

constructobot said...

annd I just watched your video. You have now leveled. Can't wait to get there and share the night shift- we can put on a mime show for each other through the wails!

Anonymous said...

My dear Sarah, I agree with Gabriel that your blog is a creative and superior gathering place for all us who love you and do not live next door! Keep up the engaging and beautiful stories and photos! I, too, can't wait to take on the night shift with you -- it will be like a Micky Rooney and Judy Garland, let's put on a show event every night. What could be better. Let's plan on cheeseburgers and libations, too. Stanza