Monday, December 13, 2010

Dec 13; peanut gallery


On the thirteenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a frosty white tree, one sly grey cat, a charlie brown ornament, one jaunty snowman, a lone acorn, one golden bell, a festive wreath, one goldfish, batman, a sparkly white snowflake, one delicious looking gingerbread man, a happy bluebird, and one cute disembodied santa head.

---------------

the peanut gallery, Dash in the mammaroo and Liam in the bjorn

I roasted a chicken tonight, simplicity incarnate. Dry, salt & pepper it, roast at 450 until done. The boys were nice enough to lounge until I had it in the oven. Then Liam chilled while Dash had a bath, and vice versa. The result: two boys who smelled like creamsicles (thank you, whomever gave me that awesome wash and lotion at my baby shower!) and a crispy chicken ready to be carved. Charlie came home and made a salad using pomegranates from our CSA box. Well, while I'm typing he is still making it. So I have no idea if the chicken is good and no idea if I will spit or chew up the pomegranate seeds. He told me this morning that the seeds are one of the main roughage sources for Persians. Will I adopt their traditions? Who knows!

1 comment:

constructobot said...

I particularly like the Mork space baby pod. can I get in that thing? wow!