Wednesday, March 5, 2008

Bright Idea


Thanks to Dad, who took advantage of Rhode Island Public Television's switch to boring fluorescent light fixtures and snagged three fantastic huge metal lights. An even bigger thanks for the step-down insert he sent with the fixture so that I can plug regular bulbs into it rather than the massive ones it originally used (pictured above). Twenty feet of lamp cord, one two-prong plug, one rocker switch, and a 17"cut length of conduit later, I have direct lighting above my sewing table!


Thanks also to the ceiling stud that miraculously was located right above the center of my desk, so I didn't have to worry about drilling into the sprinkler system.

Lamps in Lally homes across the country:

Dover, NH
Minneapolis, MN
Woodinville, WA

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ahhhh, we are connected by genes, proclivities and light!!!! May we work beautifully and well and in a super illuminated state. Work on NH, MN and WA!!! Costanza

sarah said...

Mom, you may not leave comments often but when you do they are The BEST.

Anonymous said...

Yay! I've always said you were a bright girl!

Elisabeth has been insisting we convert to compact fluorescent bulbs. I don't care what the packaging says - they don't put out as much light at the incandescent bulbs. Oh, well, I got myself a little lamp so I can do my cross-stitch without going cross-eyed.

constructobot said...

it's just like when we looked up from our spaghetti, and realized we were all wearing the same glasses!

Well, we did it on purpose this time
:-)

Anonymous said...

How true, how true, Gabriel. Thank you for jerking me back some years! I just love our life and these lights!!! Costanza