Thursday, September 27, 2007

Waffle Frenzy

Today was my turn to host the breakfast playgroup, and waffles were on the menu. Tasty blueberry waffles. It was three hours of batter, coffee, orange juice, and general mayhem. Interestingly the turkeys were the only children that were over stimulated. I covered them with a tablecloth and they stopped their frenzied peeping. There was a lot of red plastic cup stacking, basket carrying, and even a spirited rubber spatula fencing match. Much fun was had by all!
Elisa feeds the masses

With the cool autumn air the local spiders are keeping close to the house in the hopes of warmth. They have set up sentry areas at all doors and it is impossible to walk outside without getting a face full of web. For Charlie this is a nightmare. He is less than fond of spiders and has been known to notify me of their presence so that I can sweep out the front door before he exits to work. I took this picture on one of the back doors. They have a web on each side and they are huge! Please, dear spiders, keep catching mosquitoes until the first frost.

friendly neighborhood spiders

1 comment:

Reagan said...

Aaron is terrified of spiders too. In NY we lived in a converted barn, the spiders were crazy. They'd crawl right up onto your shoulder while you were watching t.v. Wonder how many I swallowing in my sleep that year?!