Tuesday, September 9, 2008

Mountain of jars

a week's worth of canning

I took a break from the big boiling pot of water over the weekend, popped the blueberries in the fridge, and finished up the last of the blueberry jam yesterday afternoon. I ended up freezing three pounds of the blueberries because they were just incredible. They are tiny and intense, much like the berries I remember from Maine. I am not often inspired to bake sweets, but I have a fantasy of making a batch of muffins deep in the middle of the winter and using some of those berries. Charlie made blue corn pancakes on Sunday morning and sprinkled some in and it was divine.

neatly labeled and ready to go into the cabinet

I am afraid to go to any farmer's markets for fear I will come home with another 25 pounds of....something. Who knows.

---------------

Today was a flurry of sewing. For a change of pace, it's for an adult! Tomorrow is our 4th wedding anniversary, and here's a sneak peek at something I'm making Charlie...

does this look scary? Creepy? Even a little?

---------------

Eggs laid in the coop today: 3
Eggs laid in the coop Monday: 5
Eggs laid in the coop Sunday: 4
Eggs laid in the coop Saturday: 4
Eggs laid this year: 96

No comments: