Tuesday, September 2, 2008

Miscellaney

I am patiently waiting for my mouth to un-numb. I spent the morning at the dentist getting some old fillings replaced, and he had to shoot me up a few extra times with anesthetic. Thankfully no one can see me drooling.
---------------

how to tell we're having a party: mountain of shoes

On Saturday we hosted a baby shower for friends. I didn't manage to get any pictures of the actual festivities, but it was a rollicking afternoon of kids playing in the chicken coop, adults drinking "punch", and everyone eating lots of good pot-lucked food. Elisa planned the whole thing....I just provided the house. Easiest party I've ever thrown!

Ido and Elisa fully explore some toys

---------------
I solved my smocking problem. I knew that my bobbin case had a tension you could fiddle with, but I'd been told to never ever mess with it from the factory settings if they are working. Having a spare bobbin case let me play around with the adjustment without fear and it worked! The outfit is going in the mail tomorrow, and if it fits and is comfortable a whole new world of smocking awaits me.

smocking success!

---------------

Eggs laid in the coop today: 5
Eggs laid in the coop Monday: 4
Eggs laid in the coop Sunday: 3
Eggs laid in the coop Saturday: 4
Eggs laid in the coop Friday: 4
Eggs laid this year: 70

No comments: