Wednesday, September 17, 2008

Humanitarian Effort

Early this afternoon I noticed that Harry was transfixed by a basket of children's books in the living room. An hour later he was still there. That kind of diligence can only mean a mouse.

safer than a cat's mouth

Usually the mouse is terrified by the cat standoff and this one was no different. I was able to move the basket and pop a cup on top of him without him trying to run away. He then was kind enough to wait until I got my camera. I took him out into the yard and did my good deed for the day.

thanks lady! I promise to wait 24 hours before coming into your house again.

---------------
After a day of mad cleaning and a failed sewing experiment I am roasting a head of cauliflower for dinner and will finally sit down for a while. Dear readers, if any of you have experience with sewing tight curves (a three thread narrow edge to be specific) on a serger please enlighten me! I can fuss it on lightweight material, but I'm working with oilcloth and it is reluctant to bend as much as I need. I'm working from a sample I saw at a store, so I know it can be done.

---------------
Eggs laid in the coop today: 4
Eggs laid in the coop Tuesday: 2
Eggs laid this year: 129

No comments: