Thursday, August 9, 2007

asdw space bar!

my left hand at work this afternoon

So I have this way that I hold my hand on the keyboard. Whenever I'm browsing idly, or at work just thinking, or when I take a pause from typing I have this *way.* My hand naturally comes to rest and it feels good, like I'm prepared for anything.

Prepared to run is what I am. I habitually return my left hand to rest on the keyboard in a very precise way. Pinky on shift, fourth finger A, middle S, pointer D, thumb on the space bar. My right hand rests on the mouse. I am ready for just about any game ever made for the computer.

And I am a dork. I can't help it! I've been playing games for so long that this particular configuration has surpassed the more domestic "asdf" right hand and "jkl;" right hand resting point. If you know how to type, you know what I mean by that. If you have ever played a game, you know how important it is to have your thumb on the space bar.

I wonder if anyone else has ever noticed.



Tonight's bento had a bit more thought than Tuesday's. I came home from work and spent a vigorous three hours cleaning the house from top to bottom. Oh yes, you could totally drop a piece of jammy buttered toast on the kitchen floor, pick it up, and scoop the jam back on top and then eat it. No cooties! You could also drop it on the bedroom rug, but no matter how clean that is there is still the fuzz factor.

After all that cleaning I made a bit of pasta and sauteed up one of mona's zuchinnis. For dinner, I added a bit of red sauce from a jar. I am not a fan of trying to get that distinctive red-sauce stain out of plastic, so I left the sauce off of my lunch portion. To balance out the lunch, some fresh carrots, seedless red grapes, and tomatoes separated by that oh-so-fun sushi grass. The red tomatoes are from the deck garden, and the orange are from the Duvall farmer's market. They are sweet as candy. On the side, plain yogurt plus a spoonful of homemade seedless raspberry jam (swoon!) for breakfast, and a container of peanuts for When Hunger Strikes at odd times.

-----------
Eggs laid in the coop today: 1
Eggs laid in the coop Wednesday: 1

No comments: