Monday, July 9, 2007

I heart Les Schwab

Charlie's car: fixed!

Pros for visiting Les Schwab:
- they've fixed two flats for me over the years and never charged me, whether I bought the tires there or not
- they've investigated several "my brakes make this strange noise" or "my tire makes a funny whirring sound when I drive" questions, sometimes taking a half hour to jack my car up on the lift to investigate, without ever charging me
- when I did need to replace my tires, they had the best deal I could find anywhere, even at costco
- they have never once given me that 'oh you're just a girl, you don't know anything about cars' attitude

Cons for visiting Les Schwab:
- every year they have a super bizarre "buy tires get free meat" thing where they give out steaks.

So yeah, I have a little soft spot for them. Getting a flat tire or having your brakes squeal alarmingly is never fun (and often quite scary) and I never stress about getting it fixed. I have many cooking and sewing tips, but for a change this is my best car tip.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wait what? You get stuff done there for free? What am I doing wrong then?
Not even with my secret Spanish password I can get them to look at something without charging me insane amounts of cash up front.
Envy is to you lady!