Sunday, July 1, 2007

astounding mobility


I always have my camera in my bag because of moments like this. Last week I was creeping down a main thoroughfare in afternoon traffic and saw a strange van with big windows on the side. There were no company logos or markings anywhere. I passed it once and thought I saw people in the back of the van sitting in chairs with computers. Perhaps some sort of strange police traffic control vehicle? Google map charting? I had seen some pictures of the new street-level mapping and those vans had a lot more cameras in them.

After another pass I realized that there *were* people in chairs....wheelchairs. They looked like heavy duty rigs for people with degenerative diseases like ALS, with the head supports and stuff and tilted flatscreens up at eye level. This was their Super Awesome transport! It was obviously a modded delivery van, and they had added those big windows to the side but loaded and unloaded from the back like a typical truck.

-----------
Eggs laid in the coop today: 2
Eggs found in the woods today: 0
-----------
Eggs laid in the coop Saturday: 2
Eggs found in the woods Saturday: 0

No comments: