Tuesday, July 24, 2007

And then there were none.


I got up at 4.30am and took Charlie's parents to the airport. When I got home at 6.30am I let the girls and boy out and watched them run around a bit.

When I got home from work tonight nobody ran out to the car to greet me. I figured they were taking a siesta in the shade. I refilled the bucket of corn and walked around back to give them a treat, and saw the feathers.

I've positively identified piles of feathers from Ursula, Henrietta, and Sophie. Whatever killed them dragged them into the woods and left only feathers behind. I'll leave the coop open tonight and if Penelope and James are still alive maybe they'll come back. If I were them I'd be hiding in the woods and not coming out either.

Bye, girls. I'll miss you.


-----------
Eggs laid in the coop today: 0
Eggs found in the woods today: 0

No comments: