Wednesday, June 24, 2009

harvest

today's harvest

The garden is pretty much exploding back there. I went out today to thin out the greens and found that the broccoli had reached critical mass. The tomatoes are 6 feet tall and have many blossoms.

Then on the way to get eggs I noticed that the strawberries had gone mad. I picked a good five cups of them, four cups of which made it into the house.

Now I am hungry.
a view from afar

---------------

I read the blog of a woman in California who is an artist as well as a film actress. Her boyfriend is a photographer and filmmaker. Her writing is usually sprinkled with photos by her, photos by him, and her paintings. It's a slice of life that is wonderfully different than mine and always interesting. A few weeks ago she included a picture that I just couldn't get out of my head. So I swallowed my shyness and wrote him an email asking if I could buy a print of the picture. To my surprise and delight he agreed and sent me an 11x14 photo. The frame finally came today and I got to put everything together. Now I need to figure out the perfect spot to hang it....

My prized Dave Naz photo, edited slightly for the under-age set reading my blog.

---------------
Eggs laid in the coop today: 5
Eggs laid in the coop Tuesday: 2
Eggs laid this year: 429

2 comments:

constructobot said...

weirdly, I kind of like the stars, and assumed they were supposed to be there at first. cool picture! C. asked what the lady was doing, and I deemed it 'dancing'.

Anonymous said...

Beautiful picture! I say over your fireplace for perfect counterpoint! For me it is reminiscent of a David Hockney painting. I just love it and think it suits you and Charlie perfectly.

Gabe, you're wonderful. Dancing indeed! Fred Rogers is smiling down upon you...and C.

Costanza