Friday, October 31, 2008

zombies and fake leaves

The very first L4D tv commercial went live recently. There were some awfully talented people putting in long hours to make this thing, and now that I know what kind of development goes into such a short spot I am more impressed than ever.



And it doesn't hurt that they picked some kick ass music to go along with it. Listening to the whole song is definitely a treat.
Embedding directly from YouTube is disabled, but here is the link.

---------------

I got the itch to do a random fall craft the other day, and was inspired by a paper leaf covered wreath I saw at a shop. Instead of a wreath I made a garland for the fireplace. All it took was a package of fall colored cardstock, some brown floral tape, glue, and a spool of wire. Oh, and let's not forget what really made this possible: the die-cutting station at my local Ben Franklin's store. If I had cut out every single one of those leaves (and each finished leaf is two pieces of paper with the wire sandwiched in between) my hands would have been bloody stumps.



It came out exactly as I had hoped.


---------------

Eggs laid in the coop today: 2
Eggs laid in the coop Thursday: 3
Eggs laid in the coop Wednesday: 4
Eggs laid this year: 285

1 comment:

Jaime Sue said...

A die cutting station?! That's so awesome! I think your garland came out wonderfully!