Wednesday, June 18, 2008

Prunes

Number one sign that I am enjoying myself: Pruned Fingers


Steamed shrimp, and snow crab, and lobster, and king crab, and more shrimp and more shrimp and it is all delicious. To get to all of that delectable meat you have to get your hands very very dirty. During meals there is a golden moment where I pause and inspect my hands. They are covered with red flecks of seasoning and slightly greasy from butter, and my fingertips are totally pruned.

I think I have scared Charlie just a little with my ability to tuck away quantities of steamed seafood. I can't help it.....it is so good!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

"I think I have scared Charlie just a little with my ability to tuck away quantities of steamed seafood."

You should meet my son. I think that boy could beat someone four times his size a crab eating contest. It's spooky (and expensive when we eat out :P)

Anonymous said...

We go over to Anthony's for all-you-can-eat crab once in a while. The girls have their two plates of crab, I keep going and going. But I do occasionally have the urge to bring them some Old Bay Seasoning. Eating crabs in Maryland spoiled me, I think. The crabs were small, but they were always seasoned so nicely. But if I bring my own seasoning I suppose I should bring enough for everyone, huh? I wonder if they sell it in 50-pound containers...