Thursday, June 5, 2008

Hairy

whispering, whispering

Yesterday marked the beginning of summer for Harry. Sure, it was 55 degrees and gloomy and chilly and rainy. But I was wearing shorts, dammit, (and a sweater) and his fur was out of control. Enter, the Cat Whisperer. Seriously. He calls himself that and whatever he whispers to my cat while out in that little pull trailer is worth it. Harry comes out a few hours later smelling like a high class prostitute and shorn into velvet.

before, on a sunny day

so soft

Amusing result of grooming: I don't know if it's that he smells very very different, or that his whole body is shaved enough to change his appearance, but whatever it is Henry doesn't like it. Not one bit. Whenever he sees Harry he starts hissing and growling. It's the little cat thought-bubbles that make me laugh.
Henry: Hiss! There is a Strange Cat here! Begone, evil Strange Cat!
Harry: Huh? Wha? Where! WHERE is the strange cat? Is he behind me? OH NO! RUN!

And then Henry gets what he wants, which is for Harry to run away. Of course, Harry is running because he is sure that his kind brother has alerted him to the presence of a third dangerous cat and he is going to hide. Poor guy. Thankfully this phase only lasts a couple of days.

---------------

Elisa and Maggi joined me in chatting and blowing bubbles while the boys ran around. And pushed trucks, and rolled balls, and chased each other in circles, and fed chickens, and made cat sounds (Julian) and popped the previously mentioned bubbles that had settled to the ground with his chin (Isaac). Good fun! Elisa made her comfort lentils and while the day was dreary and cold at least my belly was warm. And there was also cake, glorious tea cake from Maggi.

lentils take shape

Then outside Julian fell twice and bumped his head, and Isaac slipped all over the place, and then Elisa fell, and I threw my hands up in the air and went and finally bought a pressure washer after they left. Excuse me while I go out into another gloomy day and turn my Danger Toddler Slippery Rock yard into something a little more safe for the smaller set...

2 comments:

Reagan said...

oohhh....I have to get the info for the "cat whisperer". My big kitty needs groomed desperately.

Reagan said...

Oh wait I just looked at the pictures again....there's the #. lol. Thanks!