Thursday, October 25, 2007

thursday

Pictures from the past few days......

Charlie is the master entertainer. The downside: being stabbed in the face with straws by a joyous boy.

Gladys assuming her post. When I'm working on the porch, she supervises the lumber pile

The reason that I want to have children: moments like this

I made oatmeal for lunch. Can you guess which one is mine, and which are poultry-bound? Everyone here is well fed.


Today I got the foundation laid out for the aviary. The photo appears crooked but be assured that I was out there with level-in-hand. Tomorrow I'll be pounding rebar through the canted footings and cementing everything together with construction adhesive. Then the actual floor gets built. Exciting! It is rather a pain that the ground slants so much, but I think it's easier to build a foundation on solid dirt that's been compacted over the years than trying to level out the plot and then deal with fluffy ground.

No comments: