Sunday, October 28, 2007

fun filled weekend

Harry supervises the cooking

We were busy bees this weekend. The lasagna has been taken to new heights with a chicken/veal blend in the sauce. So luxurious and tasty. We made two pans on Thursday night and then had friends over for a lasagna feast on Friday. Also in attendance was a newly-minted three year old who provided us all with tasty birthday cake. Excellent!

Charlie helped me out with the coop today and we got the floor joists in. Now I get to treat them and lay the plywood floor. It's supposed to rain a bit tomorrow, but with some luck I'll be able to work around it. I've learned that 16 foot lumber is impossible to buy in perfectly straight boards. We ended up using several clamps, some ratchet ties from Charlie's car, and a fair amount of muscle to get everything lined up and screwed down. Everything got squared away (literally) in the end, thank goodness.


In other images from the weekend:

the fog in the backyard was stunning on Saturday morning

we have entered the "ironic" stage of infertility. I felt like a furtive college student picking these up at the pharmacy. Oh my goodness, the pharmacist knows I'm having sex!

No comments: