Wednesday, September 22, 2010

First Wednesday

Dash and Charlie this morning

So far, wednesdays are for sleeping. The boys had a very energetic meal around noon, and they've been snoozing and half-heartedly fussing off and on since then. Their 3 o'clock meal happened with the two of them snoozing and digesting. Fine by me....the more they sleep the more they grow. Though as I type I can see Dash's fuzzy head moving back and forth and I expect a fist will follow soon.

For those of you enjoying the technical side of their development, we seem to have passed the hurdle of too-high bilirubin and they are out of the woods jaundice wise. One more problem solved! They've both been gaining weight slowly, though neither of them is back up to how much they weighed when they were born. I've been spending quality time with my third child, the breast pump. Today they started supplementing my milk with some extra calories and other magic dust to try and get the boys to fatten up. We'll see how that goes!

2 comments:

constructobot said...

Are they just trying to get the boys chubby before they go home? is that the last hurdle, or is it also them being able to nurse well? I'd guess there are many many more things those spacebeds can do, but... that seems a charmingly short list for them to achieve (good!)

leigh said...

They are SO tiny! Sounds like you grew some strong little kiddos, though. I hope they'll be feeding on their own soon so they can come home. =)