Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Bodkin-ian visit

Too busy to write? Why yes, I have been! Over the past two weeks I have had my hands full of bread, crayons, carrots, tape, a baby, little shoes, laundered diapers, a little girl's hand, and many many other things. The Bodkin whirlwind blew into town and we had fun pretty much nonstop.

We met friends at the zoo, baked bread, made granola, ate dozens and dozens of eggs, drew in the kitchen, molded play dough, went for long walks in the neighborhood, pet cats, played board games, ate Charlie's cooking, watched Alice in Wonderland, drank fancy liqueurs, lounged in the hot-tub after bedtime, made oilcloth snack bags, knit, and talked and talked and talked. Calliope did a great deal of the talking much to my delight. Sappho learned to drink out of a straw. It was a universe in 10 days. And now my house is very quiet.

The fairy princess does not care to share her almonds. Not this time.


helping Charlie make meatballs

cutting out gingerbread cookies

there was a little sleeping, yes.
the moody lass riding in her chariot, pushed by ever-helpful Julian

baby in the sink!

sisters at Pike market, with bellies full of fish and chips

creative endeavors

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I love your life! And I'm grateful that you were taking pictures of your Bodkin/Brown adventures. How fortunate Calliope and Sappho are to have Aunt Sarah and Uncle Charlie in their lives. I'm sure Gabriel loved every minute of the Seattle adventure. LOVE your pictures and commentary. Right on Aunt Sarah!!!!! mom