Monday, August 11, 2008

Heather Ross, you minx

I can honestly say that she makes my favorite fabric patterns. There are many other designers that I adore, but only Heather Ross would do a gnome-themed collection one year, and mermaids another.


The gnome has been out of production for a while now, but I managed to snap up a few yard and have been hoarding it in my basement for some future project.


This fall's design features mermaids and octopi and seahorses and fish and it is lovely. I managed to find out about it shortly after it became available, and I am convinced that is the only reason I was able to buy a few precious yards. I had to sift through several online fabric stores to find one that still had it in stock.

Now it's going to get washed, folded, and lovingly tucked into my fabric stash to mellow until I find something amazing to do with it. It may take me a few years, but I'll figure something out.

the stash, when it was neatened, about a year ago. It looks like a crazy fabric explosion right now.

------------

Eggs laid in the coop today: 1
Eggs laid in the coop Sunday: 2
Eggs laid this year: 4

5 comments:

Maggi said...

I almost couldn't click the buy button fast enough when this came out. I didn't mind her last collection, but this one is just perfect. I ordered from a semi-local online store (camano island!) and it arrived in literally 1 or 2 days. Fabric addiction, sated.

Carrie said...

As a new reader, I can say nothing but good about your blog.
My Mom also has a fabric addiction, hers being several plastic boxes nearly covering the floor of our dining room/craft room.
~Always~

sarah said...

Plastic boxes are excellent for storing fabric! I have one that is for fleece, another for brocade & suiting fabrics, and a great big one for all fabrics that are white-ish in color. They are perfect for keeping moths away.

Anonymous said...

Do you think she will ever bring this back? Is there something we can do for that to happen. I really want the goldfish one and I'm not crazy enough to pay ebay prices.
http://allthingscolorful.blogspot.com/

sarah said...

It's a bit maddening, really. One thing I learned a few years ago: when a fabric comes out that you love, buy lots of it. Eat macaroni for a week, but buy a few yards or you will regret it.
I never thought about using a stash for ebay extortion though. That is devilish, but I think the only way you could find some of the old prints. You can still find some of the new set (mermaids etc) in stores so snatch it up if you like it!