Thursday, July 31, 2008

South47


It's smattering rain outside right now, but this afternoon was beautiful. For this week's Thursday park outing we went to the South 47 Farm. Raspberries and Marionberries are looking the best right now, so I picked a small bucket. Most of my entertainment came from watching kids of various ages cram berries into their mouths. I cannot say that I was above it either.....while picking the raspberries it was especially difficult to stop nibbling on them.

Maya approves

They also had a great animal petting area. A few of the usual pygmy goats were lazing about, but they had two baby alpacas. I wanted to stuff one in my car and take it home immediately. That playful mop of unruly hair that hangs into their eyes! Those soft fuzzy lips that investigate your fingers for food! Grown up alpacas are gentle and exotic looking, but those babies were almost too much.


I had a mix of berries, so made some Bumbleberry freezer jam. It's a bit sweeter than the raspberry and would be great on pancakes or waffles.

1 comment:

Mona Lisa Magal said...

You work so quickly! I hope your jam jams. The pic of Maya is adorable. It will make my mom proud :)