Sunday, December 4, 2011

Dec 4



On the fourth day of christmas my true love gave to me one bushy Santa Claus, one brown acorn, a green wreath, and a chipper squirrel.

------------


We also got our tree today after trying to out-think two 14 month olds. There's no way I could deal with the constant crazy of  a real tree in the living room....the boys are so lurchingly mobile and all grabby hands. Redecorating the tree is one thing. I envisioned them careening into it regularly and pulling it down at least once a day. Not to mention Liam's passion for holding onto things and shaking them as hard as he can to see what happens (yes, maracas are his favorite instrument). 


So for this year we have a shorter tree up on our old kitchen table. It's in the usual place of honor in the middle of the living room window, and if you look over from the current table in the kitchen you can imagine that the tree goes all the way down to the floor. Unfortunately all three of my strings of lights were bunk and I couldn't get them working. So no decorating tonight. At least the house smells great now!

No comments: