Wednesday, May 21, 2008

tips

Tip #1: Tamarind paste is not, I repeat, is NOT the same as tamarind concentrate. It is advisable to figure this out before you spend all day doing intricate steps in fancy rice recipe and a few minutes before serving remark "hey, this looks a whole lot darker than the picture in the recipe." The ominous darkness means that when your husband taste-tests, he will be forced to spit his mouthful out in the trash can and take you to have mexican food as soon as possible. Well, I suppose this is also a tip for getting yourself taken out to have mexican food.

Tip #2: When having a dinner party, remember that children can be forced to stay up past their bedtime by bribing them with movies and homemade popcorn.


This way, the adults can eke out precious drinking time in the kitchen.

thumbs up for Kathy's Amazing Margaritas That Made The Party Awesome

Tip #3: Always hire Paul to build things that you want to turn out looking good. The aviary is built for the most part, and now I'm down to the inside work. I am aching in every muscle from days of frantic painting. First I was trying to beat the rain this past weekend and now it's working on the nestboxes and perches inside. After that comes the wiring and other things. But the big stuff, the framing and roofwork that I couldn't have possibly done by myself, oh awesome Paul you saved me. The chickens I'm sure will lay extra eggs because they will be so happy in their new house.

all built, but before staining

working on the inside (nice how the roof keeps the rain off)

nestboxes done but not painted yet

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I am in love with this coop. Especially the little houses for the chickens. Can't wait to see the full effect of the outside being stained.

Yay!

Don Paolo

Anonymous said...

Wish I was a chicken at your house! What color is the stain? Is it a brown with some green in it?
Costanza