Sunday, February 17, 2008

sunny skies

the chair, at midday break during class

The chair, she is not complete. There were five other students in yesterday's class, and that meant that I got a little less individual attention than I had gotten previously. Luckily I did all of my sewing homework and was able to get the lion's share of the chair finished. By the end of the day I had put on all of the interior foam and stuffing in and got most of the fabric on. There's still some edging that I need to do, and there's the seat cushion to finish. Plus re-attaching the skirt. I just need about an hour or two more with the guy and his staple gun and he's letting me swing by next week's class to finish up. I was not looking forward to having to sign up for another complete set of classes. So, more homework this week and next weekend she will be finished.


While I was toiling indoors Charlie was helping friends assemble their new enormous playset. It's got a slide, swings, climbing wall, picnic table, even a little chimney on the roof. He and Matthew worked all day getting just the beginning of the frame together. Not only is it in a bazillion pieces, you also have to drill a great many of the holes yourself. I can see why, because when you're assembling it you may not always have a perfectly flat surface and making the holes yourself allows for a little bit of give, but man oh man is it a lot of work. We went over again today and got a bit further but by no means done. Good fun though!

who could mind working outdoors on a day like today?

No comments: