Tuesday, March 15, 2011

rainy


It's been raining forever I think. I did manage to make another round of pain levain, and it made improvements. I added a bit of dark rye flour and it made a huge difference in taste. The crust was crispier too. Of course there had to be a mishap, and I dorked up one of the steps in the rise process but the loaves didn't turn out leaden. What will happen when I manage to follow all of the directions at once?

On the eve of their six-month birthday, cute boys:

Dash looking out the window at the rain, while chewing on a toy. Always gnawing.

Liam in his chair

I love these wee baby jeans

why, hello

1 comment:

constructobot said...

okay, Sarah: once you have your perfect bread recipe, we have to have a barter so I can also know the secret. I want to have perfect bread too, and your photos are making me drool.