Friday, December 11, 2009

Dec 11


On the eleventh day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: a holiday wreath, one sparkling snowflake, one blue ball, a spangled pink ornament, one frosty tree, one batman symbol, one nibbling squirrel, one letter B, one Charlie Brown ornament, one bunch of grapes, and a bearded Santa Claus.

---------------

the seed mix always looks prettiest before the shake

The secret to my bread? Take a standard milk bread recipe and add a seed mix. Some days it's regular milk, some days buttermilk. I use at least half bread flour and the other half is baker's choice: wheat, rye, graham, whatever bits I have on hand. Then I add about a half cup of my pre-mixed seeds per two loaves. This batch includes flax, sesame, anise, poppyseed, and caraway. If I want something crazy and strong like a jolt of rosemary or cumin I add that when making the bread.

No comments: