Thursday, December 10, 2009

Dec 10



On the tenth day of Christmas, my true love gave to me: one sparkling snowflake, one blue ball, a spangled pink ornament, one frosty tree, one batman symbol, one nibbling squirrel, one letter B, one Charlie Brown ornament, one bunch of grapes, and a bearded Santa Claus.

---------------

Now that Sappho's birthday has gone by I can safely post a photo of her party dress. I found some soft, soft tiny wale corduroy with hip birds and almost a peacock design. It was calling out to be a smock dress, meant to be worn over a long sleeved shirt and pants. Because it's cold outside!


Harry thinks it is very cold, and the only way to deal with it is to curl up on a recently-vacated chair and cover his nose.


I've been snip-snipping at this year's snowflakes. One of my favorite family traditions is the labeling of gifts with snowflakes as gift tags. Snowflakes are cut from little squares of paper. And you know what comes in a perfect square? Origami paper. None of that white christmas stuff for me....I am quite partial to the brilliantly metallic purple one up top.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

I am LOVING that dress!!

Don Paolo