Monday, November 2, 2009

costumed

costume inspiration

What was my costume? Why, the Queen of Hearts of course. I saw a picture of a little girl's version of the costume and loved the graphic elements of the Disney movie character design. With the help of a corset pattern and Suzanne's sewing experience with gored skirts, the costume worked out pretty well. My favorite part was the bright red poufy petticoat worn under the skirt. The costume got worn first at the company Halloween party and I felt quite regal.

driving with a petticoat is entertaining

the queen on halloween

We had no party to attend on Halloween, so I implemented my genius plan: get dressed up and go out to dinner at a favorite restaurant.

John Lennon, a chef, the queen, and Indiana ready to party with tasty italian food

gratuitous shot of handsome Charlie

We ate good food and then came back to our house for an evening of playing Beatles rock band, in costume of course. Except for Charlie since he couldn't rock in his chef's coat and hat.

2 comments:

Jess said...

Oooh fancy! I am thoroughly impressed... and jealous of your awesome costume (and mad sewing skillz)! :)

Hollie said...

Beautiful costume!!

I got a package of things from my sister today and in it was a set of your vomit rags! They are so cute, can't wait to get vomit all over them