Monday, November 10, 2008

Leaf Round Up

One of my outside gnomes contemplates the sun-breaks

I took advantage of a non-rainy day to do a leaf gathering mission in the yard. After many hours I can see the plants again and the driveway isn't filled with leaf mush. Once the leaves get crushed then they are really hard to get rid of, and I am happy to have them gone. I even ventured up on the ladder and tried to get most of the leaves off the parts of the roof I could reach.

Leaves, I win yet again.


The chickens came out to help me. They took turns jumping to reach the last of the blueberries left on the big bush.


Then I went downstairs and embarked upon a new sewing project that was a special request from Calliope: a vest with many pockets. I don't know how I managed to dork it up so thoroughly, but I started working off a jacket pattern that was ridiculously impractical to convert to a vest, and got pretty far into the construction before I gave up. Must go to the fabric store so that I can start anew.

---------------
Eggs laid in the coop Sunday: 2
Eggs laid in the coop Saturday: 2
Eggs laid in the coop Friday: 2
Eggs laid in the coop Thursday: 2
Eggs laid in the coop Wednesday: 2
Eggs laid this year: 304

No comments: