Monday, June 25, 2007

corn and projects



One of these days I must make a video of what happens when I open the front door. From all corners of the yard, chickens explode out of bushes and from behind cars and under trees and scramble to be the first to Get Some Corn. Sometimes I feel like that jar of corn is on the front steps to save me from the chickens, not just as a treat. They can be quite insistent. Today I thought I'd relax and sit on the step and casually toss corn onto the ground. Ursula would have none of that and leapt into my lap and stuck her face in the jar.

Projects underway....

Another piece of miniature fashion for Calliope. After experiencing actual pains from the cuteness level of a certain little boy in his beachcomber outfit, I was determined to make something like that for C. There was some deliciously outlandish rainbow medium weight knit at the fabric store a while ago and I snatched it up. Enter: The Borrowed Serger. Oh what sweet seams it makes. Gone are the sad splayed zig-zag edges of my older attempts on the regular machine.



The nursery project for Charlie's sister continues apace. After visiting a few shops and looking at how cribs are put together, I'm satisfied that the panels are going to hang straight when it's put on. One of the most valuable hand stitches ever: blind hem stitch. I am still loving the pink and orange color scheme.


Back to my basement studio to listen to NPR and sew sew sew.

-----------
Eggs laid in the coop today: 2 (good girls!)
Eggs found in the woods today: 0
-----------
Eggs laid in the coop Sunday: 1
Eggs found in the woods Sunday: 0
-----------
Eggs laid in the coop Saturday: 2
Eggs found in the woods Saturday: 0

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Looks like you are doing a wonderful job on Sienna's baby bedding thus far! Would love to see more pics! Not sure how to thank you enough for this LARGE project.
-Katie