Friday, October 7, 2011

Trappin

I was getting sorely tired of doling out individual O's of cereal, so enter the Snack Traps. They are my attempt to free-feed boys without getting treats strewn absolutely all over the house.

Elapsed time to learning how to use snack trap: 5 minutes, with me showing them how and then pulling pieces of cereal to the top so they reached down for it.

Time to deciding that whatever is in your brother's trap is much tastier than what is in yours: 6 minutes. 

Sanity was restored.  

 Liam appears blameless.

---------------
Images from Italy:

We visited many churches, the most interesting being this one made by Massimilano Fuksas, the Church San Paolo. It was completely still and quiet, and the clear sunshine of the day was I think exactly what he had in mind when he designed it. Floating shapes within shapes.

 

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Thanks for that beautiful, lyrical interpretation. It's spot on.

My observations never got any further than making sure the video camera lens wasn't dirty, having enough tape to "hose it down," when was lunch, and how many more days were left before I could go home to America and sleep.

Typical thought processes of an on-location television producer, I'm afraid. We don't travel, we endure.

Dad

leigh said...

Funny, I use the same sort of treat contraption for our cats. ;) With cats it's called a "foraging toy," which is intended to provide both entertainment and activity by encouraging their natural foraging instincts. Perhaps I should make Liam and Dash a cereal maze out of a cardboard box for Christmas.